We often get this question from clients looking to see the exposure their listings are getting – it’s a simple process to find out. Here’s how:
1. Open your Google Analytics account, and click on the Content tab (it’s on the left sidebar). Once you click on it, you’ll see more information about analytics for your site including Site Content, Speed, Search, Events, AdSense (paid advertising), and in-page analytics.
2. Click on the Site Content tab and pick the subcategory Pages
3. Voila! You are now able to see the top ranking pages on your site, according to traffic.
4. This is all great information – but you want to see how many page views your exclusive listings are getting.
Let’s go a step further and click on “advanced” (orange square) which is on the right hand side of the pages table. This opens a section on top of the table with a tab labeled “include” (red square).
5. Now go to your website and click on the listing you want to track in Google Analytics. The URL on the listing should look like this –
http://www.abc.com/properties/city/street/1616313 or http://www.abc.com/rentals/area/1231341
Copy the numbers at the end of your URL and go back to your Google Analytics pages dashboard.
6. Paste the numbers (for example 1616313) in the empty space on the right hand side of the empty tab (orange square) that previously was labeled “Include” (red square) . (Note that the tab labeled “Exactly Match” by default should be changed to the option “ENDS WITH“. After you have completed the steps above, click “apply“.
7. You should now be able to see the page views & other details for your individual listing, as shown below.