Boston Logic Privacy Statement
Effective April 26, 2019
This privacy statement does not cover how our customers may use the data that we collect on their behalf. For information on how a particular customer uses data, please contact the applicable customer directly.
The Information We Collect
- Personal Information: Generally, you can visit the Sites without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information (when we use the term “Personal Information,” we mean any information that identifies you or would enable someone to contact you, which may include your name, email address, phone number and other non-public information that is associated with such information. It does not include aggregated information, anonymous information or any other non-personally identifiable information). However, you may provide us with Personal Information when you fill out forms or fields on the Sites, register for a Boston Logic account, use our products or services, and when you contact us or request information from us.
- Tracking Technologies: We use tracking technologies in several ways, including advertising, sales and marketing, analyzing trends, administering and improving the Sites, tracking users’ movements around the Sites (including point of entry), gathering demographic information about our user base, measuring the success of a particular marketing campaign, providing improved customer service, providing more relevant content, deterring or detecting fraud, and providing users with a customized experience. We also use these technologies as part of our product offerings, including to provide our customers with information about their campaigns, such as email opens, clicks and bounces and tracking whether messages are shared and opened using our social share features. We collect information based on the use of these technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- Automatically Collected Information: When you visit the Sites, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser and/or mobile device, including your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, hardware and software settings and configurations, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after visiting the Sites, the pages you view on the Sites, your actions on the Sites, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Sites. When you use the Sites on a mobile device, we may also collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or wireless local area network signals.
- Contacts: In connection with your use of our products or services, we may obtain contact lists (including email addresses and other information for your subscribers) and content (including the content of your campaigns and storefront information) that you provide to us in connection with such use. We acknowledge your ownership rights in such contact lists and content. We will never sell or rent your contact lists to anyone without your permission and will never use your contact lists or content for any purpose other than as described here. Please see “Syncing Your Contacts and Events” below for more detail.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use any information we collect to offer and improve our products and services, to provide you with requested information or technical support, to do a better job of advertising and marketing our products and services, to diagnose problems with our servers or our products and services, in connection with our security and compliance programs, to administer our Sites, to communicate with you, to target prospective customers with our products or services, to assist us in offering you a personalized experience or otherwise tailor our Sites, product and service offerings to you, or as otherwise described in this privacy statement.
Sharing of Information
Boston Logic does not rent, sell, or share Personal Information with other people or nonaffiliated companies except when we have your permission, as required by law, and/or under the following circumstances:
- We work with third party service providers to provide website development, hosting, data storage, maintenance, and other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these third party service providers to complete their contractual obligations to us, these third parties may have access to or process information about you. Our third party service providers do not have any independent right to use or share such information outside of their relationship with Boston Logic.
- In some cases, in order to provide the products and services available through and/or in connection with the Sites, we provide information about you to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with us under confidentiality agreements. Our partners do not have any independent right to use or share such information outside of their relationship with Boston Logic.
- We may partner with third parties to either display advertising on our Sites or to manage our advertising on other websites. Our third party partners may use tracking technologies to gather information about your activities on our Sites and other websites to provide you with advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
- We may share information about you in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may transfer or assign information about you if Boston Logic is acquired by or merged with another company, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy.
- You may request information about service providers, partners, and other third parties we work with at any time. If you would like Boston Logic to stop providing your Personal Information to any third party, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Syncing Your Contacts and Events With Other Platforms
You can choose to sync your Boston Logic account with your Google, Office 365, and/or Enterprise accounts in order to import your contacts and calendar events from those third-party platforms to Boston Logic and vice versa. You can choose to run a one-time sync, to pull in any existing contacts and calendar events from your third-party account(s) into your Boston Logic account, or you can turn on the “auto sync” option in your settings to automatically and regularly sync contacts and calendar events between your third-party account(s) and your Boston Logic account.
You may turn off auto sync at any time in your account settings. After you turn off auto sync, the information you have already synced between your third-party account(s) and your Boston Logic account will remain in all previously-synced accounts, but no further information will be shared between the platforms. We do not share any of the information you import from your third-party account(s) with any third parties.
Syncing With Google. We use Google OAuth, an open authorization service, to authenticate your identity and enable you to give us access to your Google Contacts and your Google Calendar. When you choose to sync your Boston Logic account with your Google account, we will collect from your Google account the following categories of personal information about your Contacts, depending upon how many of these categories are filled in for each contact: name, email address, telephone number, business name, physical address, birthday, and gender. We will also collect from your Google account any personal information you have added to your Calendar, which may include: names of attendees, addresses, and contact information. If you choose the “auto sync” option in your settings, we will automatically sync to your Google account the same categories of personal information included in your Boston Logic account’s contacts and events.
Security and Privacy
We employ reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the confidentiality and security of your information; however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us through the Sites. We also cannot control the actions of other users or other third parties with whom you may choose to share your information and therefore we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post through the Sites will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites. Even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
Choice, Opt-out, and Do Not Track Disclosures
- You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Sites.
- Once you have registered for a Boston Logic account, you may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Sites.
- Third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, and widget providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use our Services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for how Do Not Track should work on commercial websites. Due to lack of such standards, the Sites do not respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Our Sites and our products and services are not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Sites at any time or in any manner. If we learn that information has been collected through the Sites from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Notification of Changes
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this privacy statement, we will notify you, including by email or by means of a notice on www.bostonlogic.com so that you can choose whether to continue using the Sites. Material modifications are effective 30 calendar days after our initial notification or upon your acceptance of the modified Terms. Immaterial modifications are effective upon posting of the updated Privacy Statement or Terms of Service on the Sites. For the avoidance of doubt, disputes arising hereunder will be resolved in accordance with the Privacy Statement in effect at the time the dispute arose.
Our Contact Information